Renewal: How Nature Awakens Our Creativity, Compassion, and Joy (Paperback)
Explore our emotional bond with nature to heal ourselves and the natural world
Why spend countless hours indoors in front of screens when being in nature feels so good? In learning why and how to nurture our emotional connection with nature, we can also regenerate the ecosystems on which we depend for our survival.
Renewal explores the science behind why being in nature makes us feel alive and helps us thrive. Using personal experiences and cutting-edge research in cognitive science, this book weaves delightful stories that:
- Reveal nature's genius and impacts on our lives from physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual perspectives
- Explore how emulating nature is yielding design breakthroughs with biomimicry and biophilic design
- Highlight the importance of compassion and coexisting with wildlife in designing our conservation strategies
- Describe the significance of nurturing an ecological ethic that supports a reciprocal relationship with nature.
Whether you are drawn to conservation or are interested in the science behind human behavior, Renewal will help create a blueprint for integrating nature with a life of creativity, compassion, and joy.
- GOLD 2019 Nautilus Book Awards: Green Living & Sustainability
- SILVER 2020 Living Now Awards: Green Living